You have no items in your shopping cart.
Friday, May 20, 2016 10:30:30 AM America/Chicago
A Tribute to our Moms!
During 2015-2016, we took a moment to honor our Stitchin’ Heaven moms with our “Moms of the Month” online feature. In this monthly feature, we shared our mom’s lives with you. They have instilled in us their traditions and provided us with their words of wisdom. Many of them have passed on their quilting knowledge to us.
Our very first tribute honored Deb Luttrell’s mother, Glendy. Deb designed the program and this gorgeous quilt to honor her Mom, and all our moms. A true tribute to Mom, this elegant quilt features 13 traditionally pieced blocks set on-point with a saw-tooth sashing. Framed with simple borders this elegant quilt is just as timeless as Mom. And just as beautiful, too. Each of these beautiful blocks are named for one of our Moms and is accompanied by a photo and a written tribute. The free downloadable patterns are available here, plus you will find the Finishing Instructions listed at the bottom of the page, too.
We hope that you enjoyed learning about our moms this past year, as much as we enjoyed sharing them with you. For the latest happenings at Stitchin’ Heaven, please check out website and sign up to receive our newsletter. We are always stitchin’ up so new ideas to share with you.
Friday, July 31, 2015 11:38:24 AM America/Chicago
Today we are seeking the service of a longarm quilter more often than ever. Follow these commandments for a more pleasant experience and happiness when your quilt makes its way back home:
1. Thou shall not safety pin, baste, or fuse the quilt top, batting, and backing together. On a longarm machine, the layers are on rollers so they must be kept separate.
2. Thou shall not tell the quilter to do anything she wants and then complain that the quilt doesn’t look like you expected.
Communication is the key. Be sure and let your quilter know what you like and dislike about quilting.
• Do you want the thread to contrast or blend. By the way, carefully consider your backing choice when deciding on thread choices for the quilting.
• Do you like meandering/stippling?
• How heavy do you want it quilted?
• How much will this cost?
• Will there be lots of thread color changes?
3. Thou shall not covet your friends quilt. Get busy, make yours, and get the name and number of the quilter.
4. Thou shall not use the quilters name in vain if a quilt top that is not square comes back not square! If you send something that is not square, it will either come back not square or it may have tucks quilted into it.
5. Remember your quilters name and phone number and keep it handy.
6. Honor the quilter by giving her credit whenever possible. This is very important when entering quilt shows or putting photographs on the internet.
7. Thou shall not commit the quilter’s sin of buying cheap fabric – especially for the backs!! No Sheets!! No selvedges – not even in seam allowances!!
8. Thou shall not make your backing and top the same size. Most longarm quilters require the backing and batting to be a minimum of 6” wider and 6” longer than the quilt top. Your backing fabric must also be square!!!
9. Thou shall not use yucky, funky batting. Most quilters prefer to use the batting that they stock. It comes on a 30 yard roll and therefore is flat and easier to work with than batting ...Read More
Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:53:14 AM America/Chicago
Starting in 2015!
Join our Stitchin' Heaven Birthday Club and earn rewards every year!
It's simple to join: just give us your Contact Information and your Birth Date, then spend at least $500 during the year to earn 5% back.
By your next Birthday, if you have spent at least $500, we will celebrate with you by sending you a gift certificate equal to 5% of the purchases (excluding Travel Reservations) you have made with us.
A little 2016 Bonus: This year, since this is a new program, purchases began accruing on January 1, 2015 and will be figured according to how much you spent from then until your birth month in 2016. After this, points will be figured according to your purchases made during the 12-month period after your birth month. (Example: February 2016 to February 2017)
How To Sign Up:
○ Make sure we have your Birth Date when you make your next purchase
○ Spend $500 or more throughout the year
○ Wait until your Birth Month
○ Get your Birthday Present from Stitchin' Heaven!