AM - Getting Started with Longarm Quilting
Are you interested in learning more about longarm quilting? This incredible class is a show and tell of all the best features of the Handi Quilter machine lineup. The basics being taught will include machine and frame maintenance, loading a quilt, setting your tension, and picking the perfect thread to stitch out the ideal design. Questions about everything quilting related – from pantographs to stencils – will all be answered in this excellent back-to-basics class.
- The basics of machine and frame maintenance
- Tensioning bobbins and longarm quilting machines
- How to load a quilt onto a frame
- Quilting pantographs, Groovy boards, and stencils
- Rulers, basic free motion, and Handi Gadgets
PM - Free-Motion Quilting. You Can Do It!
Ready to tackle free-motion quilting? It’s as easy as starting with a few simple shapes! By beginning with drawing, you can develop an inventory of free motion designs that you can stitch out continuously. Fun fills, creative borders and easy blocks will all be demonstrated. Quilting out beautiful designs using free motion techniques will take your skills to the next level.
- Drawing basic free-motion designs in a continuous line
- Scaling fills for backgrounds
- Creating your own edge-to-edge designs
- How to fill borders evenly
- Micro quilting and using different feet
AM - Can't Have Enough Rulers
Do you love rulers? But are you still looking for new ways to use them? This class will focus on building an inventory of design ideas using the HQ VersaTool and other HQ rulers. Point-to-point quilting using markings already on your quilt – like seams or corners – is a cinch with rulers. We’ll start with ruler basics, then move on to creating beautiful designs for your entire quilt.
- Ruler basics: the right foot, ruler base and ruler
- Point to point quilting using the markings on the rulers
- Using a ruler for a design base on an entire quilt
- HQ VersaTool®: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
- Quilting around applique or embroidery with rulers
PM - Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed primarily for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with Pro-Stitcher. New owners - start here!
- Overview of support recourses available online
- Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
- Place a block design using Skew, Resize, XForm, and Align
- Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
- Overview of PS Designer™