This foot allows you to sew along longarm quilting rulers to create decorative quilt designs such as lines, feathers, circles, etc. Any commercial plexiglas longarm quilting rulers with a 1/4 inch thickness can be used.
This foot allows you to sew along longarm quilting rulers to create decorative quilt designs such as lines, feathers, circles, etc. Any commercial plexiglas longarm quilting rulers with a 1/4 inch thickness can be used. The height of the foot's sole makes it possible to quilt along all the edges of these rulers which is of utmost importance especially with circles.
With this technique the feed dog is lowered and the fabric with the plexiglas ruler is guided manually with the base of the foot resting against the edge of the ruler. Due to the adjustment dial the height of the foot can be adjusted to match the fabric thickness individually so that the fabric can be moved smoothly and without getting stuck. Moreover, this additional option provided by the adjustable foot height extends the scope of applications for BERNINA sewing machines without the fuction of "automatic presser foot pressure/presser foot height".
• This foot is adjustable & will fit Bernina machines from the B215 to the B880
• Height-adjustable presser foot for ruler work
• Excellent view of needle and the point where it pierces the fabric
• Stable construction for support of the rulers, allowing precise and aligned stitch lines
• Allows 360 degree access and sight
• Can be used with 1/4" thick rulers
• Compatible with BERNINA 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 series machines
• Use with straight stitch plate recommended
Can be used with the Westalee Ruler Templates!
The Bernina #72 Foot can be used with with the Sew Steady Westalee Low Shank Templates. You have to turn off the pivot action on the Bernina machine, and you have to adjust the foot to the lowest position.
Markings on the presser foot help to produce accurate seams. The notch at the front of the ruler foot allows you to keep an eye on your work at all times. The curved base of the foot glides smoothly over the fabric and allows the fabric to pass through evenly – for sewing and quilting results of the highest standard.