What is an Intermediate Quilter? An Intermediate Quilter not only has all of the skills of the Beginner Quilter, but also has discovered a passion for quilting. Congratulations, if you have made it this far, you have officially caught the “Quilting Bug”! You have probably been quilting for a few years now, and have mastered a few different quilting techniques.
The Intermediate Quilter is starting to venture into learning new techniques and pushing themselves out of their comfort zone. Here are some things an Intermediate Quilter might be working on mastering:
- Curved Seams
- Tips and Tricks for making their quilting projects easier such as: pressing complicated seams, piecing more efficiently, chain-piecing, bias edges, mitered corners, etc
- Can confidently pick out appropriate fabrics for their project.
- May choose to participate in Teacher-led retreats, classes, or even cruises.
- Can use a plethora of different rulers to achieve their desired design.
- Can confidently do a foundation paper-pieced project or paper pieced project.
- Have experimented with different types of fabrics such as cotton, minky, or even t-shirts.
- Is knowledgeable on what thread/needle to use for each project.
Shop Intermediate Projects & Supplies